Friday, May 27, 2011

Not so Fab...

Here's the thing -

For the last week or so, I've been trying hard to ignore a niggling itchy throat and a runny nose...

Today I feel exhausted, even after a good, eight and a half hour uninterrupted sleep...

My joints felt quite stiff when I got up, and some time during the morning my lower back just "went"...a twinge, but enough to make me irritable and slow down my movements....


NOT GOOD


In all honesty, I admit I have been neglecting myself and ignoring the signs my body is sending me. I've just been going through the motions and refusing to slow down when that is clearly what I need...

I am not one to go to bed because I am feeling unwell...but I will take some time for R & R during the weekend.


I was chatting to my brother on the phone today and he suggested Barocca - apparently the nurse at work told him the "trick" is to overdose on Barocca for a couple of days. The theory behind it being that it gives your body a Vit C "boost" and should help if it is a common cold...

...don't know, I'm not into self-prescribing, but I might get some Baroccas anyway.


So here I sit with a Lemsip, a kitten on my lap and some not-so-urgent work to try and get through.



It would be nice to get back to my Cto5K, but not sure - maybe even a walk in the fresh air would be enough.



..............




How do you get rid of the common cold? Do you do take action as soon as you feel "unwell"? Or are you like me and hope it will go away if you ignore it?



Enjoy the weekend, I may or may not be back tomorrow

xoxox

2 comments:

  1. I have berocca most days, swear by it.

    I get my fair share of colds, working with young kids, my go to remedy is gallons of orange juice and plenty of garlic. Sleep as much as I can too.
    I hate cold and flu tablets, and refuse to take them.

    I also try to listen to my body too, take note of what it is telling me and do as it says... most of the time anyway!

    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Naomi, I usually make a hot drink with ginger, honey and lemon juice..it's very comforting just before sleep and seems to help.
    I am definitely giving the berocca a go - sometimes we need something different. x

    ReplyDelete