Sunday, May 22, 2011

Hubby

"Hubby" doesn't read my Blog...I've never bothered to tell him I have one. He knows I am inspired by the women who write the Blogs I read, but he's never broached the subject...it's sort of my little thing and he gets it.

Today's post is dedicated to him, my Partner in Life...



Mickey, here are some of the things that make me love you ***



Hot cups of tea on my bedside table the minute I open my eyes ...

Space in the morning...(you know I'm not a morning person) ...

You clean up after me when I work in the garden ...

The way you tell me I have the most beautiful hands ...

That funny Cockney accent thing you do...makes me laugh til I cry ...

You love animals, especially our crazy pets ...

The way you brag about my scones being so good you refuse to eat anyone else's ...

You understand my PMS ... so well ...

When everyone else says "You can't..." You say "Show them!" ...

And all the old cars we've owned during our life together...and the adventures we've had with them ...








I know you're getting older too (yes, you - the "younger man") and sometimes life gets hard and we've had some sad times but geez there have been so many good times...


Our girls absolutely worship you, how do you manage to not have shouting matches with them...? You're so calm in your dealings with them... I love what a wonderful Dad you are.


You work so hard with me for our family...but at the end of the day I know I could ask you for anything and you wouldn't say No - it's just not the way you are...whatever it was, I know you would try to do it for me, no matter how tired you were...I know this and I appreciate it so much that you'll never know.



...and you still make me go weak at the knees...


xoxoxo

4 comments:

  1. You know, I can't think of a single thing I'd want to add to that list Sandra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magda, he'd be so embarrassed to read this...xx

    ReplyDelete