Saturday, May 21, 2011

Time for a Challenge - 21 Days

I've been a bit slack with myself since that TREK...


July is shaping up to be a month of get-togethers and socializing...

Now, I've never been one to set myself a date or an "ocassion" to lose weight. Some people are very successful at saying - "I will lose weight for my cousin's wedding.." etc. Not me.


However I do not like the way I look or feel at the moment, and honestly, if I had a social engagement for next week, I'd more than likely find an excuse not to go - the real reason being that I am not happy with "myself"...


So, to avoid this happening when July comes around, I am setting myself a challenge.

A 21 Day Challenge.


For the next 21 days I will track what I eat, being mindful to eat unprocessed, natural food 95% of the time, focussing on lean protein, fruit and veg, wholegrains and healthy fats. Lots of water is also on the menu...

My weight today is 72.5kg TTOM is here, so judging by the way my tummy looks and feels, I would say the numbers are a tad exaggerated by fluid, but it is what it is.


I will post my weight again in 21 days... 11th June...


My goal here is to re-form some good habits. They say it takes 21 days to build a habit, so it should be enough to re-learn past good habits, don't you think?


Exercise-wise my plan is to move six out of seven days a week.

I will continue with my C25K program and also throw in stuff that I enjoy, like my long walks into the bush or around the neighbourhood with Hubby.

I don't have a gym membership at the moment as I am investigating a couple of options around here.

Yesterday I felt an "urge" to lift some serious weights again - funny when that happens to a person not considered the "fitness type" by some...

Things will get a lot more comfortable financially for us come July, so that's when I'll decide which gym to join and perhaps re-visit some of my old training plans.



I am a bit excited about embarking on my own little challenge...Can I make a difference in 21 days...?



What works for you?
Do you set yourself challenges from time to time? Or is your commitment to your health so strong that you never stray?


Stay tuned.


xoxox

2 comments:

  1. If only my commitment was so strong that I never strayed LOL!! Life is full of ups and downs and for me weight gain always results in a big down which gives me the incentive to work on getting the weight off to be feeling up again. I'm on my own "challenge" right now but although I've given myself 10 weeks, I'm consciously thinking of this as my lifestyle. eg could I maintain it long term? If yes then I'm on the right track. If no then its a temporary measure only. I'm trying to focus long term though.

    Yet different things work for different people. If recording and tracking will help to get you off to a good start then do it. Like you, I also like having a plan. Winging it just doesnt work.

    Good luck.

    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Magda,
    I just need to commit to improvement, hence the 21 days...cementing new habits...;)
    xo

    ReplyDelete