Monday, May 23, 2011

To make this work...

To be honest, my 21 Day Challenge sounded a little bit vague to me just minutes after I published it...

So I've been thinking and re-thinking, and the time has come to fess up to you my lovely Blogging friends...

I AM CONFUSED!!!

...and it's my own fault...


I have been speaking to two friends who have both lost weight in the last few months and are looking hawt ... I am like a little sponge soaking up information when I need help, so I questioned Lisa and Karen at length and begged them for advice...


The poor dears aren't to blame - they simply did what I asked them to - they told me what had worked for them, and they told me how they had lost their weight


LISA - decided late last year that she wanted to shift some weight fast and didn't want to stress about what to cook etc so she went for SHAKES...never mind the brand, they're all pretty similar...Lisa lost 12kg in about seven weeks. She is one focussed little customer...she did not stray from her Plan for about three months and when I caught up with her at Easter she had kept her weight off and was actually introducing "real food" back into her diet without having panic attacks because she would gain the weight back. Lisa loves running, she started about five years ago and hasn't looked back. It's her exercise of choice and really believes the fact that she ran five days a week as well as doing the odd Zumba class is what helped her lose the weight so quickly (4.4kg in the first week!!!)


Karen - of "the Trek" fame...found her clothes were fitting a little too snugly after a long-winded but amicable marriage break-up...She bought the CSIRO Diet book and followed it to the letter, losing two dress sizes in seven weeks...Karen goes to the gym five days a week and attends a weekly Bootcamp session, she is extremely competitive in all aspects of her life, so there was no looking back for her - once she decided on a Plan, it became a way of life, in fact she still sticks to the guidelines of CSIRO 90% of the time. She is one of the fittest and youngest looking 53 year olds I know...


Now, are you ready for what I'm going to fess up about...? OK - who's guessing already?

I spoke to Karen and to Lisa during the same week...and they both pledged to support me in my weight loss endeavours and give me advice etc...and they each thought I was going to follow their plan... and I did, well, I tried...

I went and bought some SHAKES, and I pulled out my old copy of CSIRO, and what can I say? My weight has been yo-yoing like there's no tomorrow, because I'm just so effing confused that I don't know what to do!!!!!



How did I get myself into this mess???
I get daily text messages from Lisa and Karen, giving me advice. They expect Weekly Weigh-ins to check on my progress...

As I type this I don't know whether to laugh or cry...?


FFS, I feel like I'm cheating on one plan by following the other...




............




Time to take a deep breath, re-commit to my 21 Day Challenge, but this time with a Plan - my own Plan...

Time to be honest - this isn't working...

I can't say that I've honestly given either Plan 100% effort, but I'm too confused to re-visit either/or...



So I will do something that worked for me nine years ago. Nine kilos lost in three months...it was relatively easy, I enjoyed it, and most of all I enjoyed the success....



Yes, friends, I am going back to **** Weight Watchers ****


First weigh in will be this Saturday morning and I will take a photo of my starting weight and post my weight loss every week from then on.


Rule 1 for successful weight loss -

Find a Plan and stick with it



It's not rocket science, is it?

4 comments:

  1. Thank goodness you decided against the shakes. I would have had to come down and slap you. hard.

    Slow steady and sensible wins the race

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I love the idea that you tried to follow TWO plans to avoid offending anyone, that's hilarious!

    Think it's time to 'fess up and tell them you are giving WW a go because you know it works for you.

    Best of luck, keep us posted ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandra I'm having a lovely chuckle here because I'd do exactly the same so as not to offend my friends (although I'm in Liz's camp when it comes to shakes).

    Oh and I've so been where you are right now. There are so many plans and approaches and it can get overwhelming deciding what to do. But in the end you need to choose what suits you based on previous experience, your knowledge of nutrition and (for me) its gotta fit my lifestyle or form the basis of a lifestyle.

    It sounds like WW fits that bill for you so go with it. I look forward to following your journey and will be here supporting you along the way.

    Cheers

    Magda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz - it took a lot to fess up about the shakes..what was I thinking...? :)

    Sarah - I'm laughing about it myself...will keep you posted :)

    Magda - WW certainly worked well last time, but I also think it was the fact that I focussed on just one Plan...so time to put on the blinkers and go for it! :)

    ReplyDelete