Wednesday, June 1, 2011

An "aha" moment

So this morning I just HAD to step on the scales to check on my progress...

1.5kg lost since Saturday's (latest) first weigh-in at Weight Watchers.


Hubby and I went for a bushwalk today during a break in the rain, and I was talking about how if I lose 1kg a week, I will be 6kg lighter by my birthday...


I added that I get so impatient with myself because I wish I could lose more than the 1kg per week that WW says you will lose if you follow the ProPoints Plan correctly.

It's been my downfall before - not losing weight fast enough -> skip a meeting -> scale starts to climb up again -> stop going to meetings altogether....etc etc

I'm trying to break this cycle once and for all this time around. The first time I joined WW I was successful because I weighed in EVERY WEEK...I still have the booklet. I maybe missed one meeting in four months...

and guess what? I did not lose EVERY WEEK, in fact, some weeks I had small gains...but in the end, I got to Goal Weight and I was even successful in Maintenance



Then Hubby said something that I needed to hear - it went along the lines of :

If you follow the Plan half-heartedly, say just count your Points every day but only exercise three times a week, you might lose .5kg...and you will walk away unhappy because you know you could have done better.

Imagine if you followed the Plan by counting your Points daily, and then committed to doing some form of cardio for an hour every day, you know that when you weigh in, the weight loss will reflect that and you can walk away with a sense of achievement.


**THE AMOUNT OF EFFORT YOU PUT INTO SOMETHING WILL BE DIRECTLY REFLECTED IN THE RESULT YOU GET**



....Is it any wonder I love my Man...?

xoxox

2 comments: