Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sorry everyone, couldn't come up with a title for this post - be prepared for a rant...

At the moment, I feel like I'm getting nowhere (and I'm in a hurry) - sorry, couldn't help but quote from Cold Chisel's Khe Sanh...anyway, I digress.

My weight is 73kg...

I am yo-yoing between 71 and 73kg and I'm sick of it.

You've heard this before, but I have so many f---ing eating plans/diets/lifestyle choices floating around my weary head that I just cannot stick to one thing past breakfast...
So by the evening I'm eating whatever crap is around...

I'm TIIIIIRED, physically and mentally (I know, blame EOFY) but what will I blame next week? and the week after?

By the time the afternoon comes, I can't be bothered or haven't been organised enough to have something on hand/defrosted to cook dinner with, so it's some frozen crap or take-away...

I just want to get under 70kg...that would be a great motivation for me to keep going...

Aaaaargh!!! I am so over this battle. Sometimes I think I shouldn't even read Blogs because it's all so confusing. Everyone's doing something different, but most of you seem to be doing well. Me, I just try everything and can't maintain weight loss past the first week...


Hubby's birthday tomorrow, and mine on Sunday.

To be honest, I had hoped that I would be in better shape (read : weigh 65kg) by now, but I just seem to procrastinate and the weeks roll by one after the other.

Lately I've been thinking - will I ever lose this weight? Or is my life just going to be week after week of trying to eat "properly" but never actually having anything to show for it?

Have I become a "Gunner"...?

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're exhausted Sandra. I know, personally, it's not a nice feeling and you want the battle over.

    What about letting go of the number and the need to lose weight? Focus on what you do want in your life (other than your body). Ditch the diets/plans. Still your mind, find some inner peace.

    With regards to eating - what is "properly" anyway?

    Love and prayers sent your way.
    Shelley xxx
    (www.shelleystark.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shelley, I want the battle over without feeling that I've lost the battle...love and prayers, now there's a start ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you need to be a little kinder to yourself first. Focus as Shelly says on other things a bit more and then try and take back some of the control.

    I've seen friends of mine feeling constantly guilty and powerless and in that they lose sight of everything else they are.

    Don't give up on it just try and change the way you look at it.

    It's so hard not to sound patronising when you are trying to sound supportive. I really do wish you luck with this and hope that you get to where you want to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah, you're not patronising at all! I appreciate everyone's comments and support. You're right, it may be time to just get on with life without being obsessive about my weight. :)

    ReplyDelete