Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy Birthday Hubby!!! ... birthday weekend finally here

Hubby's birthday and mine are two days apart...so we've always shared the celebrating...being lovely Cancerians, it's no big deal, we don't mind.

The only thing is, we are super-sensitive, so it helps if we're both in the mood to celebrate or hybernate at the same time :)

This morning started early. The original plan had been for the girls to stay home as it is the last day of term...but they were getting their reports today, and being the sort of parent I am, there was no way I could hold on for two weeks until seeing them...

Hubby's "main" present this year was a bass guitar. He chose it himself (shhh), but let me house it under our bed for the last couple of days, and last night the girls and I put a big ribbon around its neck. We also got him a little hamper of "goodies" that he'll enjoy. A selection of chocolate bars and liquorice from Darrel Lea, two biographies, and some bath products. The girls joke that they can just picture Daddy in the bath, reading one of his books and eating chocolate...LOL

After dropping the girls off, I took him out to breakfast at a favourite cafe. He indulged in the ricotta and banana pancakes, and I had the eggs benedict with smoked salmon - to die for...


Then it was pretty much business as usual, we are now getting ready to head up to his favourite pizza joint for dinner...I'll try to get some pics up next post.


Tomorrow the celebrations continue, with afternoon tea at his parents', and then on Sunday we do it all over again...well, with some variation I hope, for my birthday!


Hope you all enjoy your weekend.
xoxox

1 comment:

  1. Sandra, I missed your post as I was working last night. I SO get how you feel and I was stuck in a similar rut myself just recently. Obsessed with food. Obsessed with the number on the tape measure and the scales and totally stressing about it all and then binging for relief.

    It has helped me immensely to stay off the scales and forget about the numbers. Food wise, I eat pretty well generally but I have to conquer my all / nothing mentality.

    It's tough when you feel like you do and I understand the pressure you're under. Hopefully over the next few weeks, things will settle, you'll settle and all this will be a small glitch in the past.

    ReplyDelete