Saturday, July 30, 2011

After one week...

Yesterday was a bit of a whirl-wind...by about 5pm I was ready to chuck it all in, but I remained as calm as possible, told myself that it had been a productive day, and that if we were half an hour late for the cook-up, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Well, as we arrived at Ronald McDonald House, so did the lady who was bringing the sausages - now that was the key ingredient, so if we still had to cook sausages, surely my veggie bake had time to finish cooking in the oven, and my caesar salad could be assembled without much hassle.

It was a great ending to the day...catching up with friends over a glass of wine, meeting some lovely people and their gorgeous kids. Makes you look at your own life and realise how lucky we are to have our health...

NEWSFLASH :

It looks like we have a buyer for our property. Feeling great about that now, but it was a mixed bag of emotions speaking to our RE agent yesterday...this has been our family home since way back when it was just Hubby and I ... it's bound to be sad leaving. The other thing that most of us are having trouble dealing with is that the buyers have said they will be cutting down our massive, beautiful pine tree...this pine tree is part of the identity of our house. We have such fond memories...the girls have always had swings hanging from its strong branches, they have climbed it, it has housed numerous possums, and I used it for shade the Summer of '98 when I was pregnant with Cassie...Maddie and I would sit under it on a big quilt in the middle of the day and play with play dough, read books, have tea-parties and nap...the tradition continued the following Summer, with the baby (Cassie) having her naps in the shade... - I think there needs to be a whole Post with photos dedicated to this tree...


So - life is going to get busier around here for the next few weeks. Bear with me if I'm absent, although from last week's dummy spit, I've learnt that this Blog is very therapeutic for me, and will probably need to keep posting during this big change coming my way.



Oh - and it appears that I have lost some weight, without obsessing, counting or tracking. Just some common sense and moderation ...


Bye for now xo



2 comments:

  1. Well done on the weight loss!!! :)

    I know how you feel about the tree, I felt the same when my childhood home was extended and changed beyond recognition but the pictures in my mind hasn't changed and for me it will always stay the same.

    Glad things are on the up x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told my girls this tree was planted for US...the original owner (who planted it) was a spinster and then the house was owned by two owners with no kids...by the time we bought the house, the tree was fully grown and full of potential, so it's only been our family that has really enjoyed it.
    I think it will give us closure and possibly lessen the attachment if the place looks different once we've moved out.

    ReplyDelete