Sunday, July 3, 2011

Birthday wrap-up and my very own "New Year's" resolutions

It's been a great weekend...apologies for any spelling/grammatical errors, but be warned that I am sipping on my first glass of red since last week as I type...

Yesterday afternoon we headed down to the in-laws' for a joint birthday celebration. Had a nice dinner with them and the girls had a few giggles at looking through Daddy's photo album (mind you, they look at this album every year and have the same reaction...)

This morning I was greeted by my beautiful family with some lovely presents ... (I <3 presents!!!)

- a new pair of Asics "Torana" from Hubby, they are awesome! really good for walking/running off-road, which just about sums up all the terrain around here, and the colours are really cute, too (pictures to come)

- a Pandora bead (a heart with a pink stone), a Chanel lipstick and an animal print scarf from my gorgeous girls. They both have part-time jobs now, and paid for all this out of their own money...so sweet...my heart sings with joy

- a vase and a work table from mother-in-law (the work table is actually quite useful)

We enjoyed a yummy breakfast of Hubby's pancakes with organic yoghurt, fruit and maple syrup and about a million cups of tea.



******************************************


Now, I don't go in for New Year's resolutions on the 1st of January like most people do, but since I turned 40, I have been making "personal" resolutions every year on my birthday.


This year's is seemingly simple :


*** I will take better care of Myself ***


What does that mean...? Well, these last 12 months have been hectic with our business. Hubby left his safe, 9 to 5 job to join me in our business exactly 12 months ago, and to say that I have slid down my list of priorities is an under-statement...

But it's never too late to turn it around.


Put simply, I will think about myself every day and try to just "take care" of myself.

I will report on it as I go. No strict, rigid plans, no unachievable goals, just doing what's right every day...



****************************************


Just got a last minute invitation from friends to join them for dinner - Mex lasagne is on the menu ... sounds interesting!



Bye for now.


xoxox

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Sandra! Sounds like a lovely extended Birthday. Great presents too (I crave Pandora beads:).

    Taking care of yourself in small ways is a brilliant idea. It's the little things that really make a difference. I actually got complimented on my toenails by a stranger yesterday. Pretty odd I know but I'd painted them for the first time this Summer and someone noticed. Hmmm, that really IS an odd thing to be complimented on isn't it ............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Sandra. It sounds like you had a lovely time and your family has been very thoughtful in spoiling you so well.

    I like your birthday resolution as its simple and achievable. A little effort every day adds up to a big change down the track, me thinks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah - that's exactly what I'm talking about! Embarrassed to say it's just about getting back to the basics, you know? Being well groomed always improves my mood.
    Magda - that's what I'm hoping for, baby steps towards a big change.
    Thank you both for the birthday wishes!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy (belated) birthday Sandra!
    I think it's great you make a personal resolution every year - and what a great one you have made for this coming year :)
    Yes please - pics of the shoes!!!
    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Vic! Pictures to come, promise...just flat out with my "other" business - school holiday taxi driver LOL
    xox

    ReplyDelete