Saturday, July 23, 2011

In the Beginning...

Stepped on the scales this morning...not happy.

I've gained weight again, up a couple of kilos in a few weeks.


This is not the direction I want to head in...


Time for some adjustments, time to form habits and practices that will steer me in the right direction.

Simple stuff - baby-steps, one at a time...one foot in front of the other.



I will report on weight lost on Saturdays
- some people hate the scales, but for me, right now, at the stage I find myself, I need to weigh once a week to track progress. Simple as that.




.......................................


Back Report -

I tried some codeine yesterday. Pretty brave as I have had some nasty experiences with the stuff in the past...

I believe it took the edge off the pain - or maybe it is just the logical passing of time and the inflammation is going down.

Whatever it was, I felt a slight improvement yesterday.


Soaked in a lovely warm bath and then actually slept soundly (for the first time since I hurt my back) for a couple of hours.

I also washed my hair and took some time to do stuff like style my hair, cleanse and moisturise my face and put on some mascara...it took me forever as my back aches if I hold my arms up/out etc for any length of time, but it was worth it.

It took my mind off the obvious (pain) and all of a sudden there was a glimmer of hope.


I apologise if this sounds melo-dramatic, but this incident has scared me to bits. It sounds stupid and bloody obvious, but I don't want to be a cripple. I value my movement, flexibility, agility and these past few days I have felt very frustrated.


This morning I am better than yesterday morning - that is enough for me. I would love to wake up tomorrow and leap out of bed and go for a brisk walk and not feel the slightest twinge...but it isn't going to happen. The recovery is going to be gradual, and at the moment, I'm OK with that. It is enough to feel a little better every day...



Thank you to all my friends who commented on my last post. Support and feedback is why I have a Blog, so it is much appreciated.


Hope you all have a great weekend. I'm going to have a slow one (but I hope a good one)

xoxox



1 comment: