Sunday, July 31, 2011

I'm on my way...

Yesterday Hubby and I went to a friend's 40th birthday party.

Hubby was having an "I don't know what to wear" moment, so I nipped down to the mall and bought him a pair of jeans in a darker wash than usual, which he wore with a black long sleeved shirt and looked rather hip...

The store was having a sale where you paid full price for the first pair of jeans but got the second pair half price...

I've been thinking of getting a new pair for a while, so I just grabbed a pair in *my size*, nothing fancy, just a classic pair of bootlegs and came home. I hate trying on clothes at the shops, something about the fitting rooms, and the crowds etc, I've always functioned this way...

Getting ready for the party, had a thought that maybe I might wear my new jeans - showered and went to put them on.....



Hmmmmm........... not happy, Jan :(


These things won't go past my (rather larger than usual) thighs...


To my credit - I did not break down and announce that I wasn't going to the party.

I just wore the skirt and top I'd originally planned to wear, enjoyed myself immensely at the party, had two glasses of wine and a Coke Zero, ate some finger food (lots of chicken skewers and similar "healthier" options) and danced the night away... it was particularly lovely to have Hubby on the dance floor with me - see, he is usually playing with his band, and I'm the band widow on the dance floor with my girlfriends, but last night, we danced up a storm...



Oh, and just for the record - I won't be returning my new jeans to the shop...they might be a little tight at present, but I'm on my way - to being fit, slim, and generally Fabulous...


* Watch this space *

4 comments:

  1. :-) I would've done the same Sandra - bought the jeans in "my size" knowing that they will eventually fir. I HATE buying fat clothes. You'll be wearing them in no time.

    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really get me, Magda. That's exactly what I said to myself - I was not getting fat clothes, because I'm NOT fat, just on my way back to thin/fit/healthy (whatever term you choose, it all means the same)
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...(blushing)...hmmm...thanks...xxx

    ReplyDelete