Monday, July 25, 2011

Progress...

No amazing feats of strength or endurance to report, no PB's from this gal...however I am happy to say, that my back is IMPROVING !


It actually took a lot of self-control to do very little over the weekend. It's easy enough to say, I won't plan any exercise, I won't go on that walk that I'd like to do etc, but to actually aim to stay *still* was quite an effort...


Lots of heat packs , LOTS of Ibuprofen, very warm showers, and sitting with perfect posture for no more than 20 minutes at a time, then stand up as straight as possible and try to hold it for a few seconds...


By Saturday night I was exhausted, and felt it was wrong to be exhausted as I'd done nothing...but I slept well, and when I got out of bed Sunday morning, I noticed something different - the pain I was used to feeling as I straightened out of bed was hardly there...just a shadow remained.


This morning was even better, but I've had to hold back and be very aware of my posture as I carry on with daily routine.


I am truly looking forward to seeing my Osteopath tomorrow. I want some feedback from him and some strategies for helping my back heal as much as possible.

I've been thinking about Pilates for a while, but the only studio that teaches Pilates using all the correct equipment etc is half an hour drive down the Mountains. It may be worth enquiring if it will help my back issues in the long run.



So all in all, feeling a lot better about things - funny how pain can cast a cloud over your whole life...it really makes me feel for people who suffer from chronic pain conditions.


Hope you have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Already you're seeing things in perspective Sandra. One weekend, or week or month off training in the big picture is but a mere blip. Honestly, in a year's time it will have absolutely no significance (I've learnt from my experience last year).

    I hope your osteo can help further and you make a full and speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete