Thursday, July 21, 2011

M-I-A

It wasn't a conscious decision, but although I've been reading most of my favourite Blogs and even commenting, I have not posted for a while.

The school holidays hit at "just the right time", we had survived End of Financial Year and hubby and I had birthdays to celebrate...

The two weeks literally flew by, and to be quite honest, I'm suffering from writer's (or should that be Blogger's) block.

Nothing much to report other than -

Yesterday morning, at the breakfast table, nothing unusual...Presley (kitten) jumped onto the table and I reached to grab him and take him to another room...only I never quite reached him, all I can remember is feeling something like a tear in my lower back...next thing I know I'm on my knees moaning in agony...Maddie and hubby had to help me up...I took Nurofen and put an ice pack on my back...

In agony all day, by 3pm I couldn't bear it any longer and rang my physio, who fit me in for 6pm

I had a treatment, during which I felt great...then he said "take your time getting off the bed" and agony struck again...it took me about ten embarrassing minutes to get off the damn bed and I was back in pain.

Sleep was shallow and interrupted by pain.

I cannot find a comfortable or pain-free position. I am in pain whether I stand, sit, lie down or walk. There is a dull pain shooting down my left leg...


Sorry about the rant but geez I'm cranky to put it mildly - I hate not being able to move at my usual speed, I feel old, and fat (honestly, I feel like my butt and hips are just poking out more than usual) and I'm not a happy chappy.



Hope you're all well

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Three words - good physio needed. Hang in there Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandra, Liz would know. I hope you recover quickly.

    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz - my physio is one of the best in the state. He is a sports "physiologist" (as he likes to remind me) and president of the association here in NSW. His background is in treating athletes, eg Rugby and NRL players, triathletes, you get the picture. So from that perspective, I feel like I'm in good hands. He just emailed me for some feedback and his response was that the first 24-48 hours are the worst and to call him in the morning for a re-assessment.

    Magda - Thank you, I hope I'm not laid up for too long, I'm already sick of not moving...

    ReplyDelete