Monday, October 1, 2012

Days 4 and 5/112

Calories have been around 1400 for both days.

I have done a lot of walking, but didn't measure calories out because I didn't think I would be walking as far as I ended up doing.

Saturday I took Cassie and a friend to IMATS in Sydney at Darling Harbour Convention Centre. It's a trip she's been planning for a couple of years. It's the "International Make up Artists Trade Show" and you pay an admission to get in and purchase top brand industry make up at about 30% off.

The girls had a ball and I did a lot of walking around the area, first looking for coffee...found Starbucks, and I have to say "What's the big hype?" the coffee was cheap, but tasted awful...oh well, you live and learn... I hear their flavoured coffees are good, but I wasn't in the mood...

Sunday Hubby and I went to see some Open Gardens in Leura and that was a LOT of walking. My back is feeling OK. Not strong, but OK, so I will probably go for another longish walk today and gauge how that feels.


My eating is quite boring, but it's working for me at the moment.

For breakfast, it's oats with a drizzle of honey and sprinkle of cinammon. Lunch has been either a couple of boiled eggs thrown into a huge salad - green leaves, capsicum, cucumber and whatever salad veggies I have in the fridge or simply 100g of natural yoghurt with a cup full of berries.

Dinner is more varied as it's the meal we all have together, but I try to stick to a lean protein and lots of veggies, where the others might get some potato or rice or gluten free pasta.

Getting a bit of a head cold since yesterday. Hubby's had it for almost two weeks and has ignored my advice to get to the doctor's so I'm not surprised that both Cassie and I are feeling off this morning. Maddie was the first to get it a few weeks ago, I just hope it doesn't do the full circle and hit her again. She starts Yr 12 "officially" next Monday so she can't afford any time off...


Hope you're all enjoying the long weekend...so does that mean we no longer get the June Long Weekend?


:-(

2 comments:

  1. I, for one, do NOT get the fascination with Starbucks. I've gotten coffee there two or three times out of its being the only place around and found it to be burnt-tasting. Their corporate culture is obnoxious, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Norma, I agree...burnt dishwater in my experience. They had some nice mugs for sale (I love mugs) but they were $20 each...!!!!I don't think so... Thanks for stopping by x

    ReplyDelete