Tuesday, October 16, 2012

C25K

I'm sure there's a post out there on this Blog with the same title...

I started C25K ealier this year and it was the thing that brought the pain in my foot to a head (is there a pun there?). With one thing and another, this has not been the best year for me fitness-wise, but it is not over yet!
There are still two and a half months left of it and I can at least start heading in the right direction when it comes to my fitness goals (yes, I DO have some!...)

So yesterday I did Week 1, Day 1 of C25K. It went well. I did it on the treadmill at they gym because it was blowing a gale outside, and the gym is only 5 mins away from the girls' school and I had to pick them up.

I did it "easily", I used to have trouble with my breathing...it was something I used to say, like "I have long fingers"..."I have trouble with my breathing when I run"...

But yesterday I forgot all about having trouble with my breathing, I was short on time, so I just got to the gym, jumped on the treadmill and listened to my Podcast and did as I was told...warm up, jog, walk...just DID IT.


So this morning, feeling pretty chuffed that tomorrow I will be doing Week 1 Day 2, I started wondering why I was so chuffed...why I even bothered to come back to C25K. I mean, the first few weeks are hardly high calorie burners, I can burn more calories during the first three tracks of RPM...

And then it hit me (yes, I am a little slow sometimes)...I WANT TO RUN. There, I've said it out loud...I want to be one of those people who say "I'm doing a 10K fun run next month"...or heaven help us "I'm doing a half marathon with Magda"...and let's face it, runners have *great* legs. Yes, I'm vain and will be til the end...I have given thought to leaving a list of "what not to dress me in" when I'm finally placed in a coffin by those I leave behind.

But I digress. Here is my goal, out loud and for all to hear. It's more concrete than any goal I've ever had.



I WANT TO RUN


...and only I can make it happen. One foot in front of the other...stick with C25K and learn, learn, learn.

In the meantime, I am doing well...this has become my philosophy and it's working.





Hope you're having a great week...crazy weather around Australia...muggy and overcast here today - hard to believe only last Friday it was 4 degrees max and we had snow!!!


Must run, I can hear the dishes calling my name ;-)




2 comments:

  1. 'Sisters in vanity' we'll be called. Your post brought a smile to my face. Nice change.

    Run baby run.

    xx m

    ReplyDelete