Saturday, October 6, 2012

Wet Weekend


As much as I love the rain and as much as my water tank *needed* some filling up, waking up to a grey, misty and wet morning just hasn't helped things around here...

Yes, I've still got the cold/flu. I'm coughing up a lung and feeling pretty crappy...no thanks to *someone* who shall remain nameless, who is too cool to see the Dr when he obviously needs some help shaking the bug he's been harbouring for nearly a month.

Bitter, *Moi*??? Never!

So I'm afraid it's yet another post where there is zero to report on the workout front, although this morning I woke up with sore legs, and for that split second before you remember where you are and what you did yesterday, I thought "Oh, that must have been a good leg workout yesterday because I'm sore"...only to realise my legs and most of the joints in my body are aching because I have the flu!!!


All is good (and boring) on the diet front, but I've come to the realisation that this is just the way it's going to have to be if I'm going to get out of this rut and drop some weight...I've re-discovered my love of brown rice, so my lunch dilemma has been solved. I just cook up a big batch of rice every few days, and then lunches are half a cup of rice, with a protein like chicken, tuna or boiled egg and a plate full of greens and whatever other veggies I fancy. I drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil over the top and it's become my favourite lunch - keeps me going all the way til I nibble on a few nuts or a cupful of berries in the afternoon.


I must say it's been hard not to sprinkle salt on everything lately. This flu has left me with very little in the way of taste, and everything tastes a bit too bland...


Last weekend of the school holidays, and of course, Cassie has to finish it off with a bang - sorry, that should be Eisteddfod - so tomorrow we are off at about 10am and have no idea what time we'll be home as they are performing in three different sections and it can take up to 2 hours per session, and we don't even know whether there are big gaps in between...


Daylight savings starts tonight - part of me is looking forward to it but part of me says we shouldn't muck around with our body clocks...it will be nice to have slightly longer days - Ollie may get some late evening walks :-)


*******************

No comments:

Post a Comment