Thursday, October 4, 2012

I know you really want to know this...



Breakfast - (my beloved) rolled oats with chia seeds, a drizzle of honey and cinnamon

Mid-morning - small skim latte

Lunch - roquette, tomato, capsicum and poached chicken drizzled with olive oil with about 1/4 cup of brown rice on the side

Today's lunch was de-licious...I followed it with half a pink grapefruit, I was craving some citrus (must be this damned flu) so went with the grapefruit. Divine.


*******************

My brain feels heavy and so does the rest of my body. Not as in, weight-heavy (which I don't doubt it is), but more the tired-heavy kind...I am such a BAD patient...there's nothing *patient* about me, I just want to get rid of this illness. Remind me to be grateful for good health next week when I start whinging about something else, please?

So here I am in front of the laptop, stalking blogs near and far, when I should be working...I have been doing the bare minimum but honestly cannot think straight.


Not sure whether I should be seeing the doctor...it hurts on my left side when I swallow, I think I may have a swollen tonsil or something, and both my ears are very sore...I can't take codeine, so am going to the chemist to get some Otrivin, it's been recommended by a friend and apparently should make a big difference in unblocking my nose and ears etc...


In other news, my friend's daughter gave birth to a little girl on Monday afternoon (this is the 16 year old I wrote about a while back)...I sent a big bunch of flowers and a hamper to the hospital but won't be dropping in until this bug is gone. Maddie is acting a bit strange about this baby...she usually loves babies, but at the moment, it's almost like she's trying to say "Why are you making such a fuss of this? If it had been *me* falling pregnant at 15 you would have killed me"...and she's right - but I also admire my friend for making the choice to support her daughter and now grand-daughter and it is their choice and not something I can judge or withdraw my friendship because of it...


Bye for now - if you don't hear from me again,it's because I've died of the flu... :-/




6 comments:

  1. Hey Sandra, lunch sounds delicious! Go and see the doctor lovely, it sounds like you need something stronger to kill this bug.

    Blog surfing is what I do too when I can't deal with anything else.

    Congratulations to your friends daughter.

    I hope you start feeling better very soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah!...whatever did I do before Blogs? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. Hope that Sandra-cold disappears soon! The only good thing about being sick is being forced to lie around doing nothing much. It gives you the chance to catch up on reading, all those TV shows you haven't had time to watch and of course - reading blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete