Monday, June 18, 2012

Such a Powerful Influence...




Cassie (on the right) and her friend Georgia celebrating their first win for the day.




The weekend went very well indeed...Saturday was a bit stressful because I made long long list of "to do's" that I was determined to get through but ran out of time...

Sunday was spent driving Cassie to two different locations for two dance eistedfodds about 70km from each other. We arrived at the first event at 12pm and left the last one at 7.30pm, so it was about 8.30 by the time we got home. They won first prize in both events, their performance was in the "Musical Theatre" genre, and they did a piece from the movie Legally Blonde called "Oh my God, you guys!"...very funny and light and bubbly...I was a little concerned at some of the pieces some schools were doing, like burlesque and cabaret type stuff...these girls are in their very early teens, people...really?

Hubby and I had a great day, had a nice coffee and muffin for brunch while the girls were rehearsing and doing make-up etc and generally just enjoyed the performances and fussed over Cassie and her mates.

*********************************

I think, no, I know there was one factor which had a tremendous influence on me yesterday, and it's so very simple - The Weather - the sun was shining and the sky was blue...unfortunately I can't control the weather, but gee it really affects me lately.

If it's rainy and dreary I just find everything so hard and depressing, really...give me some sun and blue skies and I positively skip around with extra happy energy - NOTE : I am not fussed about the temperature. To me a sunny Winter's day at 8 degrees is the same as a sunny Summer's day at 28 degrees.


All in all, a lot was achieved, including some laughs, a get-together with lovely family on Saturday night and this morning I was ready to face the working week feeling quite refreshed.


My PT today was a one on one boxing session and boy did I love it!!! I'm going to be one sore little vegemite tomorrow but s worth it! Very proud of my efforts.




Gotta fly, hope the sun is shining wherever you are - does it make a difference to you or am I just weird?


Hugs,

Sandra

5 comments:

  1. Yes it makes a difference but I must admit that I love a rainy weekend IF I can snuggle up indoors and not have to venture out into the world. Congrats to Cassie, the dancing queen.

    xx m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Cassie and her team on their prizes! So exciting!

    We've actually had sunshine in Brissy since sometime last week, so have been lucky. Well done on your boxing / PT session though. Hope you aren't TOO sore!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both from the Dancing Queen herself...she's quite shy and thinks her mum is crazy for telling "all the world" about it...just proud mum, that's all ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely photo of your daughter, and well done on the wins!

    I think the weather definitely influences our moods, personally I love a rainy day because it makes me want to curl up on the lounge with a good book and a coffee, it brings out my introverted side I think. But then, we dont really get too much dreary weather on the Gold Coast, so its a bit of a novelty when we do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Hilary!...you'd love it up here in the mountains, the other day I said to Hubby, I'm sick of driving in the fog every afternoon...your comment also makes me realise we take stuff for granted, don't we? I think I just need to slow down and do what comes naturally on a rainy day - curl up on the couch and knit or read :)

    ReplyDelete