Friday, June 8, 2012

Sick...







I have succumbed to the dreaded flu that Cassie has been down with for a couple of weeks...

Started late yesterday afternoon...bad headache, sore throat and runny nose etc. This morning my head felt like it had been hit by a truck.

Have been drinking lemon ginger and honey tea by the gallon...there's a pot of chicken soup on the stove with enough garlic to kill an army of witches...


So I have decided the weekend is for rest and recuperation...yes, the ironing baskets are staring at me but I refuse to make eye contact...


I may or may not be absent from the Internet, depending on my choice of distraction for the next three days.


***************** I am looking for suggestions for natural remedies/teas that help reducing these symptoms........please share.


xo

5 comments:

  1. Oh no! Bad timing sista, its a long weekend. My home remedy advice is rest, rest and more rest. In fact, when you're feeling better, take another couple of days of rest if you can. At work I'm surrounded by people who get sick, think they've recovered, come back to work and just get sick again but worse than the first time. (I think their crappy lifestyle has something to do with it too, but I cant lecture them on that.) Sorry. I'll get off my soapbox and send you hugs and get well quickly wishes.

    xx m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that, but hopefully the long weekend will give you time to rest up and recover. Take it easy!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls :) I think the verdict is - I'm taking it easy - by public demand xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a bit late with this (just catching up on some blogs while the babies are still asleep!) but I swear by Olive Leaf Extract whenever I feel that I'm starting to get sick. You have to take it multiple times a day, like every couple of hours (which is WAY more than it directs on the bottle) but since I started taking it a few years ago, hubby and I have never been sick (except when I was pregnant and not allowed to take it).

    Even though it doesn't taste the best, its worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilary, once I finally got some (thanks to Lorraine on Twitter and FB prompting me) I started taking it 3-4 times a day and I recovered SO quickly. I mix it into my veggie juice and honestly can't taste it...Hubby and I are now taking it daily because it is so good for us.xx

    ReplyDelete