Sunday, June 3, 2012

Oops! I (almost) did it again...






I've been getting a few emails from the 12wbt Admin people reminding me that Round 2 for this year kicks off tomorrow and it's not too late to join this ever-growing band of people trying to "get healthy/turn their lives around/lose weight"...

...and for five minutes...I gave it some serious thought.

I made a really good group of friends in a thread on their forum when I joined for the first time last year...we were a bunch of women aged Over 40 and started sharing not only our weight loss capers but also spoke about our daily struggles and triumphs. This group stayed together through the first round this year, and then we decided to start communicating outside the forum as we were being "stalked"...our thread attracted about 5,000 hits this last round...waaaay more than other threads, and no comments from our lurkers...

We wanted to keep our business private, and as most of us had decided not to go back for another round, we took ourselves *away*...

Two of the girls have decided to join again because they need *structure*...last week when I came so close to joining up again, one of them *shared* Week 1's menu plan with the rest of us...guess what? It was exactly the same as Week 1 in the previous two rounds I've joined.

*** I don't feel this was a breach of her agreement with 12wbt as she did not share recipes, and those of us who saw the material already have all the recipes from previous rounds***


So, for me, I think not joining was the right decision...I would have felt like an idiot to go back and pay for something that is sitting in a folder in my desk...



I'd rather spend my money on my PT on a weekly basis and just stick to the basics - Eat clean 99% of the time. Work out at least five days a week and drink my water. ( this is my basic version of what works for me )



**********************************


While I was at the MFAA Conference in Adelaide last week, one of our speakers was Larry Winget (I'm sure you can look him up on Google)

His philosophy was simple, but hit home. He said a lot of people ask him for "the secret" to this and that aspect of their lives...eg -

< insert Texan drawl >

"People say to me : Larry, I'm broke. What's the secret to wealth?...I say, OK. How about this : Spend less. Work harder."

"People say to me : Larry, I'm fat. What's the secret to weight loss?...I say, OK. How about this : Eat less. Move more."



Note to self : IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE


xo

6 comments:

  1. Great post and SO true. It's not rocket science. I contemplate the idea of joining every so often, but when I did do it (properly) I didn't follow the meal plans (too fussy) or the exercise (too unfit). I just ate 1200 cals a day and exercised 6 times a week.

    Glad you made a nice group of friends out of it.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deb, I'm not one to rock the boat or be too critical, but honestly, why keep paying money for the same thing over and over again? xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen sista. You know I totally agree with that. It sounds like you've got it together and are rockin along.

    xx m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just trying not to "overthinkit" Magda...hopefully will be rocking along soon xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you got what you needed from the program, Sandra. There's nothing wrong with it, but it just won't suit everyone, or work for everyone as more than a once-off. I gained a lot from my 12 week challenges, but don't particularly want to go back there because I've moved on.

    Larry Winget is a man after my own heart. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's very true, Kerryn. I like me a bit of variety so can't possibly entertain doing back to back rounds of the same thing...
    I knew I'd like Larry when the first words he uttered were "95% of the population are idiots..."...joking ;-)

    ReplyDelete