Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Weigh-in...why am I not happy?

Monday 16th January I weighed in at my highest ever non-pregnant weight - 77.9kg




Today I weighed in at 74.9kg



I haven't starved myself, I haven't spend three hours a day working out (I'd love to, but don't have the time)



I've eaten whole, nutritious food and counted calories. I have ditched the added sugar 99% of the time, ditto the alcohol. No soft drink, diet or otherwise...



I have worked out six days a week.




I am feeling happier, more positive. I am making some great new friends who also value this lifestyle. My muffin top is disappearing. I have loads more energy. My skin is looking radiant and healthy. I sleep better. My husband said I've got nice calves today.





So WHY did I listen to the shitty little voice that whispered in my ear as I got off the scales this morning : "Why are you happy to be 75kg??? That is still a HUGE weight??? Where have your standards gone? pft! What a joke!"

5 comments:

  1. Aaah the shitty ruin-your-day voice rears its ugly head again. You need to talk right back at it and smack it down.

    Why wouldnt you be happy to be 75kgs - after all, just recently you were 78kgs. Or, why wouldnt you be happy irrespective of the number on the bloody Metal Monster. You've made some positive changes and got some positive results. Thats something to be happy about full stop.

    HUGE weight???? Turn on TBL (The Biggest Loser) if you want to see HUGE weight. Case closed.

    Your standards are alive and kicking and you're working to achieve them. I'm surrounded by overweight people with known health problems who dont give a sh*t. Its infuriating and I take my hat off to everybody who makes an effort to be healthier in body and mind.

    The only joke is on the shitty little voice that obviously has NO idea what its talking about.

    xx m

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magda - I haven't had the chance to watch TBL this year, but I'm not hearing good reports on it...Thank you for your words. When I look at my results, I know I've done pretty damn well, and it's only the beginning, and I WILL get to my goal. xo

      Delete
  2. That shitty little voice is just another bad habit you have to break.

    Confront it and slap it down just like all the other bad habits.

    It's a left over piece of the past and has no place in your life now.

    Keep doing what youre doing and hear and believe the positive things :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sarah! You're absolutely right...it is left over from somewhere back when nothing I did was good enough, but I KNOW that this little result is great! I will keep going, one foot in front of the other and turn a deaf ear to any crap coming from self...:)

      Delete
    2. Mwah - Good! And we will be here cheering you on every step of the way and drowning out that voice :) x

      Delete