Sunday, January 8, 2012

One Step Forward....

Let's just say after a few days RIGHT ON TRACK, I allowed life to take over and put myself last ... again...

We sanded and polished/lacquered the living areas this weekend. I took the girls to Hubby's parents because the way the house is "working" at the moment, we would be almost cut off certain areas of the house while waiting for lacquer to dry etc, and as my parents in law had expressed an interest in having the girls over during the holidays, we thought this would tie in nicely...


We dropped the girls off on Wednesday evening. Thursday went pretty well, I did an RPM class, my legs (quads in particular) were aching from Pump the day before, but I thought giving them a run on the bike would get some of that lactic acid moving...

Friday morning we hired the floor sander. I had heaps of paperwork to do, so couldn't help with moving furniture around etc.

All was going well until about 1pm when I got a call from m-i-l saying that they had set out to go to the movies but had turned around because Cassie was feeling unwell and looking very pale...I remembered her period was probably due so suggested paracetamol and a lie down and she'd be fine in a couple of hours - I had a chat with Cassie and she confirmed that she did indeed have her period and needed a sleep...

However I then started to get text messages from Maddie, telling me she was worried about Cassie, and that if it was her, she'd like to be home etc etc. My parents in law had planned to take the girls to the city on Saturday for yum-cha, and Maddie expressed concern about how Cassie would be feeling the next day and how a train trip into town was probably not the best idea...I began to suspect there might be something else wrong with Cassie, so I told Hubby I thought it best if I picked the girls up, and I set off on the hour and a quarter trip...all up it would take me two and a half hours there and back...

Hubby wasn't happy, as he was just getting ready to sand, and he really felt it would be too uncomfortable for the girls to manage without walking through our living areas for a couple of days, but what could I do...?



To cut a long story short - I got there and Cassie was asleep, when I woke her up she was fine, as I had first thought, it was just period pain, and I know that all the girls need is some painkiller and a couple of hours sleep before they can re-join the living world again ;-)


....................................................


If you've read my Blog in the past, you know that Hubby and I have had NO help whatsoever with raising our girls...my mother in law becomes very flustered when anything is short of perfect...she was like this when they were babies, she attempted to babysit Maddie once, and when I came back the baby was bawling...m-i-l was walking around with this crying baby, so I asked, "have you changed her nappy?" - NO......"have you given her a bottle?" - NO

Her reply "the baby cried and cried and it made me so miserable that I didn't know what to do so I ended up crying with her..."

So I've never felt really confident that my girls would be well looked after if I left them with their grandparents, however as the girls are older, I thought it wouldn't hurt...


When I walked in to pick up the girls last Friday,m-i-l said "I didn't feel it was my right to have to look after her while she was sick"...and then "I didn't want to take the risk..."


aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!! What risk???? The kid had period pain, give her two hours and she was happy and bouncy again...

Oh, and did I mention that all of Maddie's texts were directed by grandma? Apparently she told Maddie to text me so that I would come and get them...




...................................................................


It frustrates me that something like this has the power to throw me into turmoil and results in me missing my workouts and making less than suitable choices when it came to food...


The floor looks great. My kids are happy and well looked after (by their parents). Tomorrow I am going grocery and fruit and veg shopping. Tomorrow I am going to the gym.

Let's begin this week in a positive frame of mind. I have no choice. I will finish the week off well.


I WILL JFDI

4 comments:

  1. Wow. How did you not slap your MIL, Sandra? Honestly, a grown woman can't cope with a child suffering period pain?

    Don't beat yourself up about a missed workout or two. Sometimes life gets in the way and you have to just do what you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe don't get me started Kek...tomorrow is another day I say. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandra, on your last post and comments made: yes I can vouch for an awesome RPM class if you dare venture into Liz's torture chamber (LOL) and the Vietnamese place near the FF serves beautiful food. I still have very fond memories of my short visit and meeting with Liz there some years ago.

    And on the issue of your MIL just 2 bits of advice: 1) put it behind you 2) vow to make this a better week. Like Kek said, a missed workout or two and a few less than ideal meals, in the big picture, are not disastrous. Put it down to stress and pressure on a large scale and know that you have it in you to nail it again.

    XX M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magda - that's exactly what I did, and this WILL be a better week. xo

    ReplyDelete