Monday, January 16, 2012

Playing tag

The gorgeous Lizzy from "Last Chance Training" has tagged me for a bit of getting to know you bloggy fun.


Here are the rules:

1. post these rules.
2. you must post 11 random things yourself.
3. answer the ques­tions the tag­ger set for you in their post.
4. cre­ate 11 new ques­tions for the peo­ple you tag to answer.
5. go to their blog and tell them that you’ve tagged them.
6. no stuff in the tag­ging
7. don’t talk about the fightclub


***********************************


So here goes - 11 random things about myself

1. I had hepatitis when I was six years old
2. I was a big fan of Duran Duran in the 80's. My favourite was Nick Rhodes (the keyboard player), I can still remember all sorts of trivia about them such as their dates of birth...
3. My dad was killed in a car accident the year I turned 21.
4. I love the original Planet of the Apes movies.
5. I have an irrational fear (phobia?) of snakes.
6. My siblings are 16 and 13 years older than me.
7. My careers of choice when I left school were journalism or acting - my English teacher thought I had a good chance of getting into NIDA so she helped me prepare a piece for my first audition...but my parents decided I should go for a "safe" career.
8. I am older than my husband.
9. During my teens, I wanted to look like Kate Bush.
10. I always get compliments about my hands...a few years ago, a girl I used to work with was getting married and she asked if I would lend her my hands for a close up shot the photographer wanted to do of her ring - I agreed, but her ring was way too big for me.
11. My favourite scent is Chanel No.5

*******************


Now for Lizzys questions :

1) Morning or evening person - Evening, although getting much better at early mornings as I get older.


2) How long does it take you to get ready in the mornings? - It depends on what I'm doing...ordinarily, about 15 minutes. Quick make-up, fix hair and spray of perfume and I'm done. I shower last thing at night.

3) What’s your weekly grocery bill? - around $350

4) How much of your grocery bill is whole foods? - around 50%

5) Your opinion of daylight savings? - I hate it!...just as I'm getting used to productive mornings etc...we change time :(

6) Mac or PC? - PC

7) Grab your IPOD and hit “shuffle” – what’s the first song that comes up? Is it a favourite or so so? - OK, so I don't own an iPod...hubby and the girls do, but I cannot be bothered, don't even use theirs.

8) Your favourite blog of the moment? - I'm loving "I will be fit and happy not fat and hippy" by Leonie, a powerhouse 12WBTer who also lives in the Blue Mountains.

9) Favourite pizza topping? - Our favourite pizza place does an amazing "vegetarian deluxe", it has capsicum, olives, eggplant, artichokes and fetta among other vegies.

10) Proudest moment lately? - So hard to say...my girls are continually making me proud...also, our boss commented to me yesterday "he's a very hard worker, your husband" That was a beautiful thing to hear.

11) Your favourite physical activity? - OK, I'll keep it clean...in the gym, it's RPM without a doubt, otherwise it has to be dancing. I'm always the first to hit the dance floor and the last to leave :)



**************************************


Here are my 11 questions :

1. Cat or dog lover?
2. Favourite ice-cream flavour?
3. How many siblings do you have?
4. Celebrity crush?
5. Would you rather go to the movies or hire a DVD and stay home?
6. Where were you born?
7. Do you believe in love at first sight?
8. Lorna Jane or Target?
9. Favourite movie?
10. Did you watch Kate and Will's wedding?
11. Do you have an inspirational quote that you keep coming back to?




It appears that I have many Blogs in common with Liz and Deb, so I'm going to tag anyone who'd like to join in, lurkers included...come-on, I dare you. If you read my Blog but don't normally comment, you are tagged. :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm in - for both requests.

    :-) M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandra, fellow Duran fan!
    Here are my answers to your questions
    1) Both
    2) Pralines and cream - nuts and caramel oohhhh
    3) 4 siblings and I am #1
    4) Viggo Mortensen
    5)Movies
    6) Brisbane
    7) No :)
    8) Neither - I hate LJ guerrilla marketing tactics and Target's clothes don't suit my shape
    9) Too many to list
    10)YES and thoroughly enjoyed it!
    11) Failure cannot handle persistence

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love learning new stuff about us all, Liz!...who knew? xo

    ReplyDelete