Thursday, January 26, 2012

Restless

I feel stuck in a rut...same routine day in-day out...self inflicted because Hubby and I have no choice but to be focused on getting this house ready for sale...

Only a matter of weeks now to our deadline, and then ... freedom, I hope.

Freedom to go for leisurely country drives, or accept invites to BBQ's and parties...freedom to take up my knitting again, or start on a new quilt.

We've allowed ourselves the bare minimum of leisure time...we go to the gym most days, we grab a quick coffee every day, but mostly, we just work. Hubby on the house, me *in* the house, and the business.

Frankly, I'm not as productive as I could be...I get in front of my laptop, and have my *to do* list, but I just wander out here into cyberspace and lose myself in this world of internet friendships and before I know it, hours have passed and I've done very little.


I'm feeling the need to *create*...I used to go to patchwork lessons/workshops once a month when the girls were little. I'd rush around on that Wednesday morning, packing lunches and anticipating the lovely day spent in the company of some lovely creative and talented ladies...I'd do the school and pre-school drop-off and drive half an hour up the Mountains to Blackheath for the workshop...there I would lose myself in the world of fabrics and quilts and drink cups of tea and eat a little treat and often get some amazing advice from these mostly older women...



I can't find the time at the moment to go to classes, but I've recently found that my old teacher runs a correspondence school...so I emailed her and she signed me up! Early February, I should receive the first instalment for a monthly pattern, and a few months' down the track, I should have a finished quilt!



I'm very excited...now to be disciplined enough to find a little time for my creativity to get a nice workout...


...forgot to add, that I'll probably bore you all with progress pictures ;-)



What do you do *just for fun* ? Do you ever feel stuck in a rut...?

4 comments:

  1. I for one would LOVE to see the work in progress Sandra so feel free to post as many pics as you like!



    I get caught up in my cyber world too, it's a great place to be but I'm missing out on other things so I'm going to make a concerted effort to get out and about more.

    Maybe I will find that I have more time than I'd realised :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hardly ever do anything just for fun. Honestly there is so little time. But I try to get some quiet time to myself on a Saturday and/or a Sunday when I can go out for a quiet coffee and read of the paper.

    Yes I am in a rut but I like being here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to read and try to fit in a bit before bed each night. On a sunny day I love to read outside. I just have to push aside thoughts of all the gardening that needs doing...
    I have a routine/rut, but I'm liking it at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls :-)
    I guess the reason I want to get out of this rut is that it feels like we are "trapped" here, waiting for things to happen...it's complicated.

    Reading just doesn't do it for me these days...my mind can't focus for long enough (crazy, I know) although it was something I did every night...

    Sarah - photos coming up just for you :-) xo

    ReplyDelete