Sunday, April 17, 2011

Slept in this morning - out the door for my walk at 6.45 rather than the usual 6.00am

That's what Sunday's all about, isn't it...? Relaxing the routine a little...?

After Fiona left, I didn't walk very regularly, I avoided taking the route she and I used to walk, sometimes I would come home and have a little sob...I know, I'm very emotional...she is the best walking partner I've ever had - she's also my best friend ever, and I miss her.

Nowadays, though, I've decided not to walk is NOT an option...time to put emotions aside and get on with it, girl! After all, Fee would not want me to miss my walks and blame HER in the process...she's a no-nonsense type of gal, that's why I love her so much.

Meet my new walking partners...






Hubby and Ollie have decided to join me on my morning workout...we sort of joined up, see hubby and Ollie had started walking a few weeks back, and then I decided if I was going to fit a walk into my day it had to be done the minute I got up...so we walk "together"

Our walking styles are different...I walk at a steady brisk pace, whereas these two do intervals. Ollie needs to pee on anything growing by the side of the road, so there's a fair bit of stop-and-start...they go from strolling, to standing still, to sprinting.

Here they are on the last leg, about 1km from home. For some reason Ollie always sprints when we turn into this street...




So that's my walk done for today...it's turning into a glorious Autumn day, so I might go out for another walk this evening - just love being out there when the colours of nature are so vivid, it's my favourite time of year...

Does nature draw you to exercise outdoors? What is your favourite time of year?

Enjoy your Sunday!


Sandra
:)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra, I love the look of your new blog. I was wondering if you would keep blogging and I'm glad you have.

    Cheers

    Magda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Magda! Glad you "came back" too.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete