Monday, April 18, 2011

Fast Walking

This morning I woke up at 1.45am...tossed and turned and the last time I looked at the clock it was 3.35am...drifted off to sleep some time after that, and woke up very hazy and irritable at 7.00am...

I had to drop off Cassie's friend Emily to her parents along the highway on our way to Maddie's Orthodontist appointment at 9.00am

Needless to say, I didn't walk this morning.

I fumbled my way through the day, tempted when I filled the car at the service station to grab a bottle of V to help "wake me up" a little, but I thought of the additives, and most of all those empty calories and decided it wasn't worth it.

So, I suggested to hubby that we go for a walk after we dropped Maddie off to work. We parked the car behind the village shops and headed down one of our favourite streets. We'd noticed a sign pointing to some bush walks and decided, seeing we had no deadline looming and most importantly no little dog with us, to try the shorter version of this walk, which is supposed to take an hour.

It started off with a fairly steep descent (I hate walking down slippery mossy leaf littered tracks) and came upon about three water falls, spaced a few hundred meters from each other.

As we were starting to make our way back up, I spotted this fellow - hubby walked right past him without noticing him. He was quite large, would weigh about a kilo, I'm guessing...





So, after taking a few wrong turns, we found our way back to civilization, and headed back towards the village. I looked at my watch and we appear to have done the whole walk, plus an extra kilometer and a half back to our car in 1 hour 15mins...so we must have walked faster than the "average" walker that the sign was intended for.

...not bad considering I was sleep deprived and all...


To wrap-up the day - Nutrition has been on track, and I got a good walk in!

Note to self - Drink more water!!


I really want some sort of a gizmo that will track distance walked/run and calories burned etc.

Any suggestions?


I think it's going to be my Mothers' Day Present!!! :)

That and a Lorna Jane voucher - the new catalogue came in the mail , and what with LizN and Kerry raving about their love for LJ, I figure it wouldn't hurt to give my workout wardrobe a bit of a make-over!


Sandra
xoxox

How's that??? Two missions accomplished in one Post! I can add pictures AND I can add a link...I think 2011 is my year of "I CAN DO ANYTHING! ALL I HAVE TO DO IS TRY!"

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra,
    Of course you can do anything :) It's nice swanning around the neighbourhood in nice gear - and I love the photos you are taking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - you could try a Garmin www.garmin.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Liz!
    I'm aiming to take my training up a notch after the Thredbo Trek in a couple of weeks, hence the Garmin purchase and some nice workout gear...time to get serious about running and back to some strength training, I think ;)

    ReplyDelete