Thursday, April 21, 2011

Girly Day Update

I let the girls sleep in, like I said yesterday. Did just the minimum paperwork that HAD to be done...

When they got up and had brekky, I gave them some options - let's go out and see a movie? Out for lunch at your place of choice? DVD's and pyjamas at home...?

They both jumped at the last option - they don't always agree so readily! - so it was settled.

After showers, we headed to the shops for the basics, some DVD's and "nice" food to bring back home.

We stopped past K-Mart on our way, as they needed new slippers. Came home with a pink, oversized fluffy pair for Cassie, and Maddie went for the animal print bootees. They also picked up a pair of boots each. My kids go through shoes at an alarming rate, so if they see a pair they like at K-Mart, I let them have it. I was very pedantic about having their shoes fitted correctly until they were about 10, I still insist on good quality school shoes and sneakers, but for casual stuff, anything goes.


Then off to the DVD shop - now these two have very different tastes in movies. I had stipulated it had to be something the THREE of us would enjoy...the choice was easy - - -



SHREK!!!!


We haven't watched Shrek for ages! We love the characters, the music, and the story lines are so clever, intertwined with our favourite fairy tales...


We got Shrek 1 and 2 and also a couple of other DVD's that they want to sit down and watch with Daddy - RV and Monty Python....I told you they have varied tastes...


So it was a lovely day - no guilt for being out of the "office", no regrets , just happy to be in the "moment" with my girls. It went by too quickly...


Today it's back to work with a vengeance - must get caught up before the Easter weekend.


If you're driving for a long distance - STAY SAFE !


xoxox

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect day Sandra. I get to do similar with my boy after the Easter break. I'm really looking forward to it.

    :-) Magda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly - apologies, I'm a bit late in joining the party!

    Secondly - journey to fabulous? You're already there!

    Love the vibe on the new blog and lovin your new 'tude.

    thanks for recent comments xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magda, enjoy the time with your beautiful son - memories just keep on happening!xxx

    Judes - welcome to FabLand! Naaawe Honey, I have a way to go to Fab, but enjoying the journey! btw I looove that profile photo of you, so Mary Quant and mod-sixties/eighties xoxox

    ReplyDelete