Saturday, April 16, 2011

Before ... or should I say "After"...?







Going out on a limb, here...

I took these photos exactly one week ago. I don't mind being photographed, if the photographer knows what they're doing...but this is just me with my Blackberry, bad lighting, and a pile of folded washing on my bed.

I got side-tracked while putting away the washing. The weather is getting cooler, and I started thinking that I should be pulling out some warmer Autumn tops to the front of the wardrobe...so I thought I might try on some jeans...bad idea, or maybe it was good? Maybe it was what I needed to give me a reality check.

You see, these images were quite confronting. The jeans I'm wearing are a Size 11...but having said that, they are a bit larger than my Size 12's...go figure.

The shirt and slacks are Size 10's...a year ago I was very comfortable in both outfits, in fact, I looked OK in them...

Lately I feel like my arms are huge, and they are bigger than they've ever been. But if you look at the photos, most of my excess lard is centred around my middle...boy oh boy, that was a real eye-opener.

I don't want to go down the path of worrying about my weight from a health perspective, but it's getting that way. There is a history of heart related disease and strokes also seem to "run in my family"


Enough!!! This is the biggest you will ever see me. Since those photos I have got together a meal plan, which involves sensible eating - I won't bore you with details - maybe later ;) and walking briskly/jogging five times a week for an hour around the beautiful hills that surround my home.


Why do I say these are my "After" photos...? Because this is what I look like AFTER I let myself go, AFTER I stopped caring. I have never been this size, unless I was pregnant. Even after my first two babies, I had dropped well into the mid-sixties by the time they were three months old...


So, on a different note : Yay for Bluetooth!

Looks like I can tick off one item on my Techno-to-do list.

Bugger! Still can't get that ticker to download :(


Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment