Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Girly Day

Today Hubby was off nice and early to his cousin's place. He is giving him a hand with his reno's, and in return his cousin will come up here one day next week to help out over at our new place...

Which means it's just the girls and I today...at the moment I am enjoying some early morning solitude with a cuppa and my laptop. The girls are both fast asleep. I checked in on them when I got up - Cassie's quilt had fallen off her bed...her cat is curled up, asleep on her pillow keeping her head warm. I put the quilt over her and left them there, in their slumber...

Maddie is a different "sleeper", it's like she hardly moves during the night. I found her this morning tucked right under her covers, on her tummy, Arfer Rabbit poking from somewhere under her neck, like he has done for the past 15 years since Michael's grandma gave him to us for her before she was born...

My girls reflect their personalities in how they sleep. Cassie tosses and turns and never stands still, whilst Maddie is happy to just "be". If she finds a comfy place, there's no need to go trying out different ones, familiarity is what she thrives on, whereas Cassie is the adventurer. They are good for each other. If Cassie hadn't come along, Maddie might be just TOO quiet, a little bit TOO shy. And if Maddie wasn't there, Cassie would not have big sister to pull her back when she gets just a little bit TOO adventurous.

They are beautiful, kind hearted girls, my two.

It's sometimes hard watching them grow up in this world, where little girls grow up too quickly. The emotional roller-coaster is heart-breaking.

Image related issues attack them from every angle, all I say to them is that they have no idea how beautiful and perfect they are. If only they really heard me. But then I think back to my twenties, let alone my teens, and I remember how I was never happy with how I looked...boy, I would love to look the way I did at age 25 again !!!


So this morning, while they sleep, I will catch up on Blogs, get some paperwork done and then the three of us will do something together - maybe a trip to the movies? or just get a couple of DVD's and declare it "pyjama day"? or maybe out to brunch at one of our favourite coffee shops...?


I will let you know.



Enjoy your day!


xoxox

2 comments: