Thursday, March 1, 2012

Decided to just brave the scales this morning to keep myself accountable.

I have learnt from my past that if I stop weighing myself due to a "break" in my routine, usually caused by an injury or time of stress, I go into a *denial* phase and just lose control of the situation.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that my weight has remained stable. No loss, but more importantly, no gain since last week...and this even after a week where a few small indulgences were allowed.

So instead of heading towards complacency, as I would usually do, I am determined to just push through this little set back instead of letting it become a step backwards in my journey of fitness and weight loss.


A major win for me in the mindset department...it seems I am getting wiser as I get older :-)




Feeling good.


X-rays and Ultrasound this afternoon.

4 comments:

  1. There's gotta be SOMETHING good about getting older LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...yep, youth IS wasted on the young ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same, Sandra - stop weighing and I can just pretend that I'm doing awesome, when I'm SO on the wrong track.

    Far better to face reality and act when the numbers begin to go in the wrong direction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've well and truly learnt my lesson - last year I didn't weigh for six months only to discover 7kg had "snuck on"...never again.

    ReplyDelete