Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Update

Well it seems that since I decided to do something about it, life is all about my foot...

Saw my GP on Monday afternoon...I made Hubby come in with me because we'd had the discussion along the fact that our GP doesn't like his patients telling him what they think might be wrong with them...so the plan was that if he went off on a mysterious tangent, we would subtly mention that we thought it might just be a Neuroma...

Anyway, as soon as he examined my foot he came up with two possibilities : hairline fractures (but in all honesty I don't walk that hard or run that much yet to indicate this is the case) or a Mortons Neuroma. I looked over at Hubby and he flashed me a big grin which almost made me giggle, which would have been very inappropriate as I was explaining to the doctor how much pain and discomfort this is causing me.


So ... he ordered me to have an X-ray and an Ultrasound on my foot and then he will refer me to a sports physiologist who will administer whatever treatment (more than likely some Cortisone injections)

We got home and managed to get in to the Radiologist tomorrow afternoon (Thursday), so I guess realistically I won't be having any treatment before early next week, which is not a minute too soon as this pain in my foot is becoming a real pain in the neck... :-p



In the meantime, I think it's time for the pity party to be over and done with, I will get back on track with my eating plan and start to throw in some work outs, mainly weight training and will attempt an RPM class with my right shoe laced very loosely and see how that goes.


Yesterday was a bit of a low day for me mood-wise, but I was lucky enough to be able to chat to two long distance friends. My friend Lisa, who moved to Wagga last year, and my Bloggie friend Lizzie who is a wealth of knowledge and amazingly enough, they both left me with the same message : control what you can at the moment ie. diet. Treat yourself well, do some good things for yourself in the meantime.

My ongoing goal at the moment is to take the emotional link to food. Easier said than done, but if I make a concerted effort every day, I will get there.



With that I leave you, more updates on my foot to come.



Hope your part of the world is dryer than mine at the moment.


xo

5 comments:

  1. When one part of your plans come unstuck, there's often a tendency to go "Oh, stuff it!" and just throw the rest out too. It's not just you, that's for sure.

    But of course, "Do what you're able" is sound advice. As you already know, there's nothing preventing you eating well, and trying a few exercise activities to see what you can do is a great idea. You can get through this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice all round. There must have been a massive grey cloud over the Cancerian horoscope yesterday. Low days all round by the sounds of it and like you I'm thinking the pity party must end :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kerryn and Magda. Yes, pity party is over, and it's great to have good friends who genuinely care and share their advice so openly. At the risk of sounding soppy, I really value all your comments and advice and I guess that's why I keep posting here. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the other comments and I am definitely prone to throwing in the towel when I come up against obstacles.

    I also like the 'control what you can' approach which seems very sensible and sustainable!

    Hope you get some answers soon!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb, it's easy to just throw in the towel because if 50% of the "plan" is out the window, then what's the point?...that has been "me" so many times in the past, but the "control what you can" approach is proving quite empowering in this situation so I will continue to do just that...including avoiding those damn Easter aisles at Coles jam-packed with Caramello Koalas (I think you understand ;-) )

    ReplyDelete