Thursday, February 16, 2012

Still here...

A quick post today (I say that a lot, don't I...?) to say Hi and I'm still around and doing OK...

12WBT kicked off last Monday (officially) and so far this week I have followed the menu plan fairly closely but haven't yet managed a workout all week.

...I'm coming down with something.

*** I sleep a very deep sleep night after night
*** My neck is feeling *heavy* and sore
*** I've had an almost constant headache all week
*** My throat is very sore and feels inflamed on the left side

So I'm feeling quite fatigued a couple of hours after getting up even though I seem to be sleeping more soundly than usual. I'm aware that I've been very cranky and irritable (put it down to frustration).

I've been taking all my usual vitamins and having my morning veggie juice as well as some "Immunity" supplements to try and ward off whatever is heading my way.


I hope I've nipped it in the bud and it will just dissipate over the next few days without turning into a full-blown nasty flu...



....Oh, and have I told you I'm a bit like a man when it comes to being sick...? that and shopping...otherwise, I'm very girly ;-)



Looking forward to a couple of Blog hops/ Blogging Challenges that some girls doing 12WBT are organising. I believe we kick off tomorrow...it will keep me regular when it comes to my Blog.





Hope you're all well....and by the way, Am I the only girl who'll admit to being a bad patient...???


2 comments:

  1. Found your link through Blog Hop - sorry to hear you are not feeling well - hope you feel better soon.

    I considered doing 12WBT but then decided to save the money and do the Million Kilo Challenge instead - would love to stay in touch to hear what you think of it and how you do.

    I can be a bad patient at times although tend to feel the need to 'soldier on' at other times ! If I don't feel like doing stuff I can be a 'lie on the couch and do nothing' kind of patient - luckily I have a very understanding husband who will look after me very nicely (sick or not !!)

    Have a great day and take care of yourself - love, hugs and positive energy !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Popped over via the blog hop.

    Sounds like you have done the right thing in focusing on getting well and looking after yourself. I think you have it the right way around- I tend to just keep on going when I am sick, but it takes me SO much longer to get better than it does my husband who disappears to the bedroom and expects us to leave him alone.

    Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete