Thursday, September 27, 2012

Day 1/112

Calories in - 1580
Calories out - 0

I put my back out about ten days ago. Those of you that know me know it's a chronic thing with a couple of discs in my lower back and this can happen at any time without warning...

I was in excrutiating pain for a few days and could not straighten up. Saw my osteopath two Tuesdays ago and began to feel some relief to the point that I was almost 100% by the time I saw him again last Tuesday. His treatment always leaves me a bit sore, and he advises no exercise for about 24 hours after the treatment. I'm still a bit sore but I know it will pass.

Not happy with my calorie intake...and let's face it, all calories are not equal.

It may well be time to put a bit more thought into what my calories are made up of and play around with that.

I've let sugar sneak back in a couple of times since going sugar-free a couple of months ago and it isn't easy to get back off it...

Cassie has cut back almost all wheat products and is feeling so much better for it. I am very similar. When I eat a lot of processed refined carbs my body reacts in ways that make me feel *uncomfortable* eg bloating, swelling in the joints and fluid retention and of course it stalls my weight loss.

Sorry if I'm rambling...I think this was a "thinking out loud" post but I did warn you yesterday.



Have a great day xx

4 comments:

  1. You're finding your feet. Better to waver at the start and pick up steam as you go than to bolt from the start line all guns blazing only to fizzle a few hundred metres down the track.

    PS My start was pretty much the same but remember every small positive change makes a difference if maintained over time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Magda, I agree. I've never kept a food diary/tracker before apart from when I did WW. Sure, I've followed "plans" that I've followed, but this is different in that I'm being 100% honest and it's forcing me to analyse what I'm putting into my mouth :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your back Sandra. Hope you recover quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Charlotte, frustrating not to be able to workout - you know exactly what I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete