Monday, December 12, 2011

A little celebration

Last Friday my eldest girl, Maddie got her School Certificate. This is the last year that NSW students have to sit this particular exam, and as she is going on to Yr11 for her HSC, this particular exam didn't have me too worried...

However, she did really well! 90+ for English, 85+ for Maths, Science and Computer Technology and an achievement award for Science...all the other subjects were marked as "completed"...not sure how it all works, but it appears to be a good result.

So, as her little sister had a movie night at school that evening, hubby and I took Maddie out to dinner - we told her we were going to Bunnings to pick up some stuff for the kitchen, but surprised her by taking her to a new Mexican place she's been talking about. Mexican food is her favourite, and we were lucky that it hadn't rained that afternoon so were able to sit outside.

Michael and Maddie had chicken tostadillas, and I went with the naked burrito...the flavours were amazing, fresh ingredients make such a difference in Mexican food...YUM!





Yes, Michael loves to pull funny faces when posing with his girls...


So glad we got to have some special time with our gorgeous girl.


Very proud of you, Chookie. Bring on that HSC!

4 comments:

  1. What a cheeky and lovely surprise for Maddie. Bunnings, indeed! (I'm surprised she went with you. I would have gotten out of going LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay you're back! I'm adding you to me reader right now! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS love the new look blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!!! I started it in Autumn and meant to update the background every season...as you can see, the fact that I haven't reflect the way life in general has been since then ;-)

    ReplyDelete