Sunday, December 4, 2011

It looks like I'm ba-aack!

Hey!

Two posts in as many days...what's going on???

Maybe I just realised that this is the way life is going to be for a while, and if I wait until life gets a little less busy, or until we finish the reno's or until the new year...(you get the picture) I will probably never post again...


Rainy and miserable old day up here...it started off beautifully - clear blue skies, warm sunny morning. Hubby and I went for an early coffee and I decided I felt like doing RPM, so we got back home, checked that the girls were OK - they were both still sleeping (aah, I remember those teenage years) and got changed to go. We got there with about ten minutes to spare, which was great, because I got to make sure that my bike was "just right" and warmed up at a leisurely pace while everyone else got set up.

I really pushed myself hard today - so hard that by Track 3 I almost thought I'd have to run to the ladies' to have a little "vommy" - but the way to the ladies' was too complicated so I just directed my thoughts elsewhere...the stains on the carpet in front of me were a good distraction...and pushed on.

The middle of the day was spent shopping for reno stuff - some kitchen cabinets and plumbing paraphernalia, and more tidying up. Then I went to the 4.30pm Pump class...doing two classes in one day is a first for me, but I'm just seizing every opportunity I get to work out because there are some very busy days coming up in the next few weeks...

It is now 10 degrees here - and it's the fourth day of Summer!


Being so busy with work and having so much "stuff" going on in my life - such as the deadline we've given ourselves to get this house on the market in feb 2012, means that I've adopted a mindset of "going on auto-pilot" when it comes to my fitness and nutrition, so Group Fitness classes are great for me at the moment. Just turn up at the gym and do what you're told. Done for the day. Easy. (in theory, anyway)





To finish off, here is my Grateful photo for today - the first kitchen cabinet is going up...after four weeks of no stove, this is a huge step and one I am so grateful for.

2 comments:

  1. YAY!! 2 posts in 2 days. Its great to have you back Sandra :-) I dont envy your renos (never done it myself) but I know how long its taken us (well Peter actually) to get the outside looking how he wanted. Hang in there!

    XX M

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the second house we've renovated...the first one took 15 years...this one should take 12 weeks..LOL
    Never doing it again!
    xo

    ReplyDelete