Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Since I last posted...

So a very quick update here as I am busy to that point where I start to feel overwhelmed...and that is not a good place to be for this little Cancerian because it means I just want to crawl right back into my good old shell and not come out...

I had a couple of drafts for a Mothers' Day post but in the end I just ran out of time and decided to enjoy the day and go with the flow and forget the internet for 24 hours...


I had a lovely day, was spoilt rotten by my beautiful family and at the end of it I felt like I truly am blessed and life is good.

It was the first year in a while when they've actually been up before me - I usually get up and when the girls start to stir Hubby sends me back to bed to pretend to be asleep...not this year. I had a dreadful headache (migraine) through the night and slept in. So I woke up to Maddie saying "Come on, no need to pretend, we know you're not asleep..." but they all got a shock when they saw the look on my face...I was not pretending to sleep, poor darlings, they felt bad about waking me and got me some ibuprofen before breakfast...


Lots of lovely pressies - a scarf, a beanie for my early morning walks/runs, a handbag, a Pandora bead in the shape of a handbag ;-), a cute little pink teapot for one, a box of choccies which Hubby volunteered to help me eat, and a little rooster ornament which we are trying to come up with a name for...

Hubby made yummy pancakes, then took me out for coffee while the girls tidied up and the biggest surprise is they decided to take me to see the Sharks play at Cronulla. I've been a Shark supporter since my teens but have never seen them play...we are not big NRL supporters but the girls love the game so it's growing on us.

Well, it was the best game ever...the Sharks beat Melbourne Storm, who were undefeated until then and are top of the ladder. We had a fantastic time, cheering and laughing - really loved the crowd, lots of families there and a fun atmosphere. So it looks like we'll be back for their next home game in June :-)



We then dropped in to mother in law's for dinner (We'd had mum for the morning and dropped her off to my brother on our way to the game)

Yep - a lovely day.




Since then the week has gone so quickly. I had my first PT session on Monday, but that's a whole post for another time.




I have to confess that I started this post a couple of days ago and since then I have taken the bull by the horns and got down to some serious decluttering of my desk and organising in general. Don't know where I got the energy from but it feels really good to be working in a clear organised space and it has flowed on to the kitchen too and life is so much easier.




I have cooked every night this week, which meant that last night and tonight we are feasting on yummy left overs - slow cooked lamb shanks, sweet potato shepherd's pie and pumpkin and lentil soup...yum - love Autumn and Winter food.






I am starting to prioritise work time and "block" periods of time during which I am NOT on the net or reading blogs etc and periods of time when I just do whatever housework absolutely NEEDS to be done. It's working well and I am feeling on top of things...for now.




Next Wednesday I head off to sunny (I hope) Adelaide for my work Conference, and I am so excited about meeting the gorgeous Magda in person finally. Magda and I have been reading each other's blogs for about three years now and it feels like meeting your pen-pal in person...geez I must be old...did anyone out there have pen-pals when you were a kid...?






Back to clean eating with a vengeance this week. I hope the scales reflect a loss next week (even if it is only water...), haven't been able to fit in many workouts but that's ok, I've got to go with the flow. One step at a time and it will all fall into place...hopefully.






On that uncommonly positive note I leave you and wish you all a great weekend.






Will try to do a post about my PT over the weekend.








Stay warm.




xo

4 comments:

  1. Look forward to hearing about the PT. Glad everything's going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Mothers Day sounded superb Sandra.

    I'll try to organise some sunshine for you next week. I think Wednesday will be good but Thursday is questionable. You're in a lovely spot anyway rain or shine so I hope you enjoy it. Cant wait til we meet.

    :-) M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you girls. PT post coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes us cancerians are definitely renowed for doing that, aren't we. ;o) xxx

    ReplyDelete