Saturday, May 26, 2012

Meeting Magda



Back in August last year, I won an award through my company and part of it (apart from the lovely crystal trophy) was an all-expenses paid trip to the biggest conference for the mortgage and finance industry...earlier this year I found out that the conference was being held in Adelaide! I have to be totally honest and admit that I am not fond of flying, especially "alone"...but the real incentive for me was the chance to meet my blogging friend and kindred spirit, Magda.

We arranged to meet for lunch at the end of the official conference proceedings, as I had about three hours to spare before my flight.

As I got out of the lift I spotted her...a tall, stylish blonde with a killer smile. I don't think the term "blonde bombshell" describes her - she's way too classy. That's just it. Magda just ozes class, a bit like a blonde Audrey Hepburn.

The first thing she said was "Your hair is darker than I imagined!"...I don't think I told her that I'd put a dark rinse in it just before coming to Adelaide...I told her she was taller than I expected...she pointed out her favourite boots - high heels as against my flatties, which I have to wear until my foot issue goes away. :-(

We made our way to a lovely restaurant close by and settled in for a long lunch.

We chatted and chatted and ate lovely food and drank a little wine...

She is one of the loveliest people I've ever met...so genuine and such a wonderful mother...I asked her to tell me Mitchell's story, and she told it with such love and devotion...what an amazing little boy he is. With parents like Magda and Peter, he'll go far.



I don't have a lot of close girlfriends...unfortunately most of them seem to come and go, but I have a feeling my friendship with Magda is here for the longhaul.

She mentioned wanting to do something special for her 50th...and Sydney came up as an option...fingers crossed M! Somehow I think our next visit will be longer than our first!


xo


ETA - I've just read Magda's post and it is so similar to mine - even in the wording...oh well, I guess we think and write very much alike...Parallel Lives...;-)



8 comments:

  1. Now I'm the one blushing here Sandra. It really was wonderful meeting you and as I've said before ... we shall meet again. Damn shame there is a state (Victoria or Queensland depending which way your crow flies) between us.

    xx m

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely.... I'm glad I got to read this and that you enjoyed catching up.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself Sandra - looks like a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls :-)...next stop - Brisbane...who's in?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandra, my comment didnt print. BUGGER!! (Now I'm the one blushing from head to toe.)

    xx m

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Found it in Spam...??? Your turn to visit next :)

      Delete
  6. What a gorgeous photo of the two of you! Glad to hear you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Mich, how are you doing? xo

    ReplyDelete