Saturday, August 13, 2011

Time to unwind...or maybe not?

The week-end is here, and although I plan to slow down a notch, I'm feeling a tad overwhelmed.

The ironing has grown again...three fat baskets waiting for me in the corner of the kitchen...

We have a prospective buyer coming to see the house tomorrow, so a big clean is on the cards today...

Cassie is dancing at a dance extravaganza next Saturday, so today is full dress rehearsal down in Penrith - thank goodness a note came home saying "no parents on rehearsal day please"...but she still needs to be dropped off and picked up at 4pm...

The pantry is looking a bit lean, so must stock up on some groceries, meat and veg...


On Thursday afternoon we got a call from our "boss" - our company's annual conference is held in August every year. We had decided not to go this year due to time restraints with having our house so close to selling, but he made it clear during his phone call that we were "expected" to be there...when I asked why bother ringing us at such short notice, he spilled the beans...apparently Hubby and I have won a national award within our company! It would be embarrassing not only for us, but to our state manager if we weren't there to collect it in person...


SO - Hubby and I are off to Port Douglas in a fortnight's time for four days. His parents will come over to stay with the girls. This has also sent me into a bit of a panic, as there is a lot of organising to do. It's a strange feeling - I know I should be very excited to be getting this award, but at the moment, all the "to do's" are shadowing the positives...


Anyway - better jump straight into my weekend - I might add one item to my "To Do" List - find an hour to myself and do something I enjoy



Have a great weekend everyone

xoxox





2 comments:

  1. Congratulations - I love Port Douglas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liz, really looking forward to some down-time in the sun! xo

    ReplyDelete