Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Feeling good

Since I last posted, I've...

Given up sugar. Today is my 14th day *sugar free*. I still eat two pieces of fruit a day. One day I just felt like doing it (as you do) and said good bye to the stuff.

It wasn't easy. Day 4 was one of the worst days...I nearly fell asleep at my desk in the afternoon, and I had a massive headache. I didn't make much sense, felt all foggy in the head.

Day 7 I woke up with a sore head and blocked nose etc...I commented to Hubby that I thought I was coming down with a cold, and he told me he'd read that it was just another symptom...he was right. No cold.

A couple of days ago I could have murdered someone for a chocolate bar. But I didn't, and obviously something must have distracted me because I haven't touched the stuff. Didn't know I had so much will power.

And Hubby has joined me. He has been sugar free about nine days, I think.


I have so much more energy now. After only 14 days, I no longer need that 4pm sugar hit. I've lost 1.8kg without even trying. And here is the best thing - I don't have stiff sore joints when I get up in the morning...


I've also been ...

Uncluttering the garage because Hubby is going to convert it into my office space. It will be so good to have a space that is away from the house to work from. So excited. Cannot wait. Am planning a gorgeous garden just outside it, it will be the main thing I see from the window near my desk. Lots of colour, Azaeleas, Agapanthus, a couple of Japanese Maples...


I've started to ...

Read "Lucky Bitch", it's an e-book written by Aussie girl Denise Duffield-Thomas and all I can say is do yourselves a favour and download it. I'm loving it and drawing inspiration and insights from every page. Warning : if you didn't like "The Secret", then it's probably not for you.


I'm going to ...

Hobart at the end of the month. It is just a three day conference with all my work colleagues from around Australia. I originally wasn't going to go this year, but my friend Kaz was feeling a bit fragile about running into an ex with his new girlfriend, so I decided to go along and be her date...should be a hoot.



And when I get back...


I can feel a bit of a challenge coming on...I may or may not share.



Feeling calm, focused, motivated and happy with my life.


Maybe I AM a "Lucky Bitch" after all....?

11 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra, glad to hear things are going so well for you. Cheers, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the no-sugar consumption... very impressive. It also sounds like everything else is going really well so I'm happy for you!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Charlotte and Debbie, thanks for sticking around, been a bit absent lately...Find myself in a good space right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW girl. You are ON FIRE!!!! I better get my a into gear LOL. I love a good challenge. Who knows what they can bring?

    xx m

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magda, I think our planets must be aligned...or something ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I might have to give that book a read!

    Great to hear you are going well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's an e-book, Michelle, so I'm sure you can find it through Google. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just catching up on your blog Sandra, good on you for taking these steps to a happier you! I must admit I've been quite slack myself lately, and its so easy to give yourself an excuse. But if you dont feel great, then its time to change. I'm hearing you, and I'm making changes myself now too.

    Dropping sugar is a great place to start too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh, HATE that withdrawal thing... I remember when I did an elimination diet, I felt so ill for 3-4 days. Our bodies really know what's good for them, if only we remembered to take notice.

    It's good to see the positive changes you've made are paying off.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hilary - good on you for making some changes...it IS hard, especially with kiddos the age of yours...xx

    Kek - I think just thinking of what I'd go through all over again is enough to keep me away from sugar...just a little honey on my porridge every now and then is enough for me...and everything tastes so much better all of a sudden :)

    ReplyDelete