Friday, February 15, 2013

Did you know...?

Hello there - I found this over at Norma's blog and decided to do my own version...just to show my face around here :-)


1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?

Yes, my grandmother was a big fan of all things Hollywood. She named my mum Norma after the 1930's actress Norma Shearer (google Marie Antoinette movie of that era) and when I was born, she chose Sandra after the 1960's star Sandra Dee...even though my maiden name started with "L", my nickname has always been Sandra Dee, so it was appropriate that my married name starts with D...

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?

I cried yesterday - one of our kittens got very sick and died last Sunday...I nursed him for about three days and he finally gave up the fight, he was resting on my lap and we were looking up at the sky and the big tall gum trees he never got to climb...my eyes are welling up as I type...
(RIP little Freddie)

3 DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?

I've never thought about it - although I use it less and less these days...if I'm trying to write thoughts down, it's a mess because my brain is faster than my hands, but I do a nice job when writing a Thank you card etc


4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?

Hot Spanish salami


5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?

Yes - two gorgeous and talented teenage girls. One is arty and gifted musically (courtesy of her dad) and the other is crazy about dance and also gifted musically...they are both very kind and compassionate human beings, and that's enough for me.


6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?

It takes a very special, awesome sort of woman with no hang-ups to be friends with me...I don't like copy-cat or twin/joined at the hip friendships...

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?

Is there any other form of entertainment...?


8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?

Yes.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?

Not even if you paid me. Absolutely NOT

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?

Not a fan of cereal...does oatmeal count?

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?

No

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?

I'm told I'm a bit of a "rock" emotionally, physically, I'm getting stronger with age

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?

Not a fan of ice cream at all...I can (and have) lived without it for years...

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?

In women - their hair.

In men - their shoulders.

15. RED OR PINK?

Red

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?

I find something to critisize someone for just about every day...

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?

My dad, and my little girl who never got to grow up (still-born ten years ago next month)

18. WHAT IS THE TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?

Consistency ...

19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?

Hot pink Havaiannas

20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?

A handful of almonds

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?

A pot of soup bubbling away, the fish tank.

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?

Red

23. FAVORITE SMELLS?

Chanel No 5,
my husband's neck,
freesias

24. HOW IMPORTANT ARE YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS TO YOU?

Very important

25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?

I live in my dream mountain hideaway but I'd like a beach house to run away to for three weeks every year...

26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?

Basketball and soccer

27. HAIR COLOR?

Brown

28. EYE COLOR?

Brown

29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?

No

30. FAVORITE FOOD?

Right now - pears

31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?

Classics

32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?

Lincoln

33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?

Black tank top with a multi coloured "hippy" top (brown, red, pale pink, pale green)

34. SUMMER OR WINTER?

Autumn, but if it has to be Summer or Winter, then it's WINTER!

35. FAVORITE DESSERT?

Tiramisu

36. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?

Running and RPM classes by choice, strength training by necessity

37. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?

Computer

38. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?

Lost by Cheryl Strayed

39. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?

A 2012 calendar

40. FAVORITE SOUND?

The birdlife around here first thing in the morning

41. FAVORITE GENRE OF MUSIC?

Hard to choose, but right now - anything 90's

42. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?

South America

43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?

I speak four languages apart from English, it's a hobby...
Knitting,
I'm good with strangers' kids

44. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?

Uruguay - South America...my parents and theirs before them were "explorers"...my background is French/Spanish

45. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?

Blue Mountains - 2 hours west of Sydney, Australia

46. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?

Grey weatherboards with white trim and a dark red front door

47. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?

A dark red called "Seduce" by Ford - it goes a lot faster than the white version...

48. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 48 QUESTIONS?

...oh no, is this it???

2 comments: